Restrict Access by IP Address
Access to RTasks may be restricted by IP addresses set from the RTasks settings button. The ability to limit RTask access by IP address allows managers to restrict access of certain providers from RTasks outside of the facility setting. Others (such as on-call nurses or administrators) may retain access to RTasks from home or wherever internet access is available.
It is our recommendation that facilities request a static IP address from their Internet Service Provider to prevent disruptions in charting capability.
If you do not have a static IP address provided by your Internet Service Provider, the IP address may change at an inconvenient time (such as due to power outage or routine maintenance) and users could be locked out of RTasks. We have created a way for Managers and Supervisors to turn on/off "Restrict by IP address" and/or "Manage the IP Addresses" to resolve this issue.
RTasks Manage IP Addresses:
- Log into RTasks and click Settings
- Click on Manage IP addresses
- The screen will display your current IP address and report if it is part of the "white list" to allow staff to access RTasks through.
- Click Add my current location to allow staff to access RTasks through this IP Address
- Optionally, you can type in an IP address in the blank field and press Add
- When finished - press Done
Remove an IP Address:
- From the above screen, click on an IP address that has been added and press Remove
Manage Staff Access:
Determine who is/is not limited by the IP address under - Manage Staff Access
- As above, log into RTasks and select Settings
- Select Manage Staff Access
- Toggle the check box on/off to specify if the staff is/is not limited by IP address
- When finished, press Done